YWCA Australia provide safe, secure and affordable homes for women and their families, so they can build the future they want. To ensure we support the needs of our clients and comply with state and federal legislation, we have developed the following policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
AOur Housing Application process from start to finish averages around 2 business weeks for approved applicants, though it can take longer based on factors like vacancies, VHR application requirements and other administrative needs.
We recommend anyone needing housing on an urgent basis contact a crisis housing provider, who will be able to assist you in a more immediate timeframe.
We accept Direct Deposit, bank transfer or Centrepay. Your Community Housing Officer will explain the details when you commence your tenancy.
A number of factors are taken into account when deciding what your rent will be at a YWCA property. These include:
- Your income – either from Centrelink, employment, or both.
- Service fees for the property
- Rent Assistance you may be eligible for
- Market rent
You can find the full explanation on how YWCA sets our rent by viewing our Rent Setting Policy.
You can provide feedback to YWCA, either verbally or in writing, via any communication method, including but not limited to:
- Via our website
You can make a maintenance request via:
Your Community Housing Officer will provide you with direct contacts when you begin your tenancy through YWCA Housing.
All YWCA Policies
- Abandoned Items Policy
- Antisocial Behaviour Policy
- Care Coordination Policy and Procedure
- Client Renter-Tenant Information Management Policy
- Contractor Code of Conduct Policy
- Director Code of Conduct Policy
- Employee Code of Conduct Policy
- Eligibility and Allocation of Housing Policy
- Family Violence Policy
- Feedback and Appeals Policy
- Feedback and Appeals Procedure
- Hardship and Temporary Absence Policy
- Hoarding Policy
- Inspection Policy
- Neighbours and Community Policy
- Property Maintenance and Repairs Policy
- Property Modification and Requests Policy
- Rent Setting Policy
- Renter and Tenant Transfer Policy
- Renter-Tenant Repair Charge
- Sustaining Tenancies Policy