Statement from YWCA National Housing
These are uncertain and ever-evolving times for us all. To ensure that our affordable housing remain open and accessible, we have taken appropriate measures to ensure the safety of our tenants and staff. This includes increased hygiene measures for face to face support and within our houses, and added telephone support.
We ask that if you are displaying any cold or flu symptoms, to please call ahead. We may be able to help you over the phone and reduce any risk of transmission to help keep everyone safe.
Things are likely to change over coming weeks and months as the situation escalates. We promise that we will keep you updated on any changes to our housing services.
Information for our tenants
We know that our tenants are amazing women in close-knit communities who will look after each other during this crisis. We encourage our tenants to practice social distancing to reduce the risk of transmission, but to remember that being alone doesn’t mean being lonely. Check in on each other, and stay safe and well.
Per previous correspondence sent to each tenant, we ask that you notify us immediately if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been required to self-isolate after contact with a confirmed case. This helps us to help you!
Access to supermarkets and food
Tenants are also encouraged to be aware of supermarket and food options for seniors, people with disability and people who are required to self-isolate. This includes priority delivery and special designated shopping hours. For more information, check out supermarket websites as follows:
- Woolworths: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/community/news?icmpid=sm-hp-hero1:other:other:wk38
- Coles: https://www.coles.com.au/customernotice
- Aldi: https://www.aldi.com.au/en/covid-19-update/
- IGA: https://www.iga.com.au/update/
If tenants are based in Victoria, there are emergency relief packages available for those who are in mandatory self isolation. These can be accessed by calling the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. For more information, see the Victorian Premier’s media release.
Please note as well that hospitality venues (restaurants, pubs, clubs, etc.) are now trading as takeaway or home delivery venues only.
State Government COVID-19 websites
For regular COVID-19 updates and advice, please visit:
- Victorian Government’s website: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Victorian Coronavirus hotline: 1800 675 398
- Coronavirus interactive self-assessment: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-self-assessment
- Queensland Government’s website: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
- Northern Territory Government’s website: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
National Coronavirus Hotline: 1800 020 080
Services Australia: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/
Red Cross TeleCross: https://www.redcross.org.au/get-help/community-services/telecross